The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

Back to Geordieland and a trip down memory lane

Am Gannin Yem! I 'm going to visit my big sister back home she still lives in the area that we where born and reared up in, I don't get home much in summer, it's normally Christmas, but this time Linda and I decided to take an early summer or a late spring break and go to the of North of England! We are starting off In Northumberland, Then across to Lancaster for a flying visit to friends. It is then back across the Pennines to North Yorkshire for a couple of days before heading to Filey until getting the ferry back to Holland.

We are on the ferry from Rotterdam to Hull tomorrow night, as it is a public holiday here in NRW the roads should be clearish, but as we don't have to be at the ferry until 07:00 I am not expecting any hold ups. I just spoke to my Big Sis,  here friend (and my first dancing partner ) and husband are across from France, but they are going home on Sunday. I stayed at their place in Britany for a few days last summer, they are busy turning the pig sty into a Gite. The pigs have left home! Brian the hubbi! pops across every now and then to pick up things from B&Q, I think it isn't any cheaper just a chance to get home.

Right thats it for the start for today, tomorrow I don't think I will be on line unless I find a Internet cafe, you can of course make a mistake and go into the wrong type of cafe in Rotterdam, or so I have heard.

Friday 03 June 2011



We arrived at Hull at 06:00 to a fine warm morning, sunny & bright, with a bit of seahaze out across the Spurn. I decided not to go on the motorway up to my sisters, but to cut across to York to have breakfast, we arrived and parked in Morrisons Car Park so decided to give them our custom (they always did do a nice breakfast).

As we are aiming to do a full day in York later on in our holiday we headed across county to Richmond (well it is the surname of Linda so as she deleted the pic of her standing beside of the town sign that we took the last time it was a must to visit this time).



Richmond is a very nice country market town unfortunatly no market on today! Never the less we spent a nice couple of hours. We had a bite to eat sitting by the Green Howards museum the once time town church.


The rermains of the once mighty fortifications


The keep remains










Now the only down side, Linda had a sandwich and I decided to have a Greggs Cornish Pasty, now am I or am I not correct in believing that Cornish Pasties have now a place of production protection???? Well these ones are as sure as little green apples not in need of protection. Terrible I tell you and absolute travesty, they contained peas, carrots and a mushy cornedbeef  slurry intersperced with a few pieces of spud, do not buy these impositors, they are terrible.



We then headed up to North Tyneside and my Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment