The Storks of Böbs

The Storks of Böbs
A Very Fine Pair

A shoulder of lamb with a difference

I was going to do lamb shanks in the slow cooker but getting to the Turkish butchers too late, they had none left. But I got a nice lamb shoulder instead. What to do with it??? I decided that I would turn it into an art cassoulet, now I am not identifying it with the true Cassoulet Carcassonne, but it does have lamb in it!

My ingredients for the shoulder of lamb with a difference in a  6.5ltr slowcooker.

Soak 250gr of Haricot Blanc overnight

1kg shoulder of Lamb
3 carrots large dice
1/4 of a piece of celeriac diced
white of a leek slit in half and slices
1 sprig of lovage
Sel de Noirmoutier with 7 herbes (just showing off as I got this when down in Vendée) this was rubbed into the lamb.

The chopped root veg was placed on the bottom of the SC and the shoulder of lamb placed on top.

Rosemary & Bay
I then picked a handfull of  fresh herbs from my balcony,.





















Chopped the Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Parseley and spread this on top of the lamb.


Added a whole fresh Bay leaf  to the SC.

4 medium red onions peeled and cut into quarters placed these around the shoulder, 2 cloves of garlic crushed and added.
100g of button mushrooms halved and added.

150g of black pudding sliced and added

400g of Thuringer bratwurst added whole around the shoulder.

3 roasted red peppers (from a glass) put on top of the lamb.
1/2 a glass of brined anchony filets added.
125g diced smoked ham
1 teaspoon of whole black pepper corns

400g of diced tomato flesh (I used a carton) half poured over, the rest used later.

Now added the beans, added the rest of the tomato flesh and poured in 600ml of vegetable stock (marigold)

slowcooker on high for 5 hours final pics with verdict later

Verdict! Bloody luvley, the meat was melting, I think that if I was doing it again I would try and get raw sausages like Toulouse or frische grob bratwurst but even the Thuringer have taken on the flavour of the stock and veg. So this gets a big thumbs up.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment